Terms and Conditions
Dean Lodge Lower, Arran Apartments is offered for self catering holidays ,normally,on a weekly basis, usually Saturday to Saturday (3pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure) unless otherwise agreed, subject to the following hiring terms and conditions.
1. Payment of the deposit, within 4 days, is deemed to be a firm booking and it is assumed that the tenant has read and agrees to abide by the hiring terms and conditions which can be found on this website www.arranapartments.co.uk If accepted, the Hirer becomes liable for the full balance of charges which are payable six weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday. Non-payment of the balance of the hire charges by the due date will result in the owner treating the property as being available for re-booking and loss of deposit by the Hirer.
2. If the Hirer cancels a confirmed booking they remain liable for payment of the full cost of the holiday. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the Hirer, we will endeavor to re-let the property and if successful will make a full refund to the hirer ,less any expenses incurred in re-letting. We recommend the Hirer takes out holiday insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations.
3. The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed the maximum occupancy level stated without prior consent of the owner. Owners reserve the right to terminate the occupancy of the property without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this condition. In the interests of other guests, we ask that undue or excessive noise be avoided, especially during late evening/night time.
4. The Hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period, fair wear and tear accepted. The Hirer will make good any damage or loss and leave the property and contents in clean and tidy condition. The person held to be responsible for the hiring party will be the person who made the booking. We request that any breakages or damage is made known to us, so that repair or replacement can be affected without delay. It is a condition of the let that the Hirer leaves the property and its contents clean and tidy.
5. Assistance dogs are welcome and other dogs/pets by arrangement at the time of booking. Pets must not be left unattended in the apartment at any time and they are not allowed in the bedroom at any time. For the sake of future guests, and to assist with the cleaning commitments, those bringing pets are earnestly requested to ensure that no trace of hairs or any other matter is left at the conclusion of their stay. Please bring your pets feeding bowls and bedding with you. You are responsible to clean up any mess your dog leaves outside. Any damage done by dogs will be charged at cost. It is recommended that you have pet insurance.
6. Bed linen,towels, heat and power is included in the price.
7. We reserve the right to refuse to hand over properties to any person or persons who in our opinion are not suitable to take charge. In such cases 50% of the hire charges shall be refunded in full and the liability of the owner shall cease. If we are prevented, because of circumstances outwith our control regarding the property (e.g. fire damage, drought or the interruption of utility supplies) from putting the property at the disposal of the hirer, the hire charges shall be refunded in full but the hirer will have no further claim against the owner.
8. It is important to us that holidaymakers enjoy their holiday and every effort has been made to ensure this. However, in the unlikely event of dissatisfaction with the property or any subsequent problem, the Hirer must immediately contact the owner so that the opportunity to rectify the problem is given. Under no circumstances will any refunds be considered if the property owner has not been given the opportunity to rectify any problems during the time of the Hirer's let.
9. The contract affected between the hirer and the owner of the property is in the terms agreed in Schedule 4 Section 8 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 and confers on the Hirer the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only.